04 Oct 2022
WE ARE LOOKING FOR PHOTOGRAPHY VOLUNTEERS IN ATHENS, GREECE
ABOUT OUR PROJECT:
Saffron Kitchen Project (SKP) supports displaced persons by creating opportunity and fostering community through food. We are a registered non-profit organisation that creates high quality, nutritious meals for vulnerable communities in Athens. Inspired by multiple cultures and traditions, we aim to do three things simultaneously: Nourish, Train, Employ.
Our first pillar - Nourish – entails providing people with warm, nutritious and inventive meals in a dignified and sustainable way. We partner with several organisations that support vulnerable people throughout Athens, distributing delicious meals whilst avoiding food waste as much as possible.
The second pillar – Train – offers free culinary education and vocational training in partnership with IEK Delta. In an effort to prepare our students for work in the hospitality industry, the programme comprises culinary skills as well as soft skills training such as teamwork, leadership and time management. Upon completion students will receive a recognised EOPEP certificate which will aid them in entering the job market.
Finally, the third pillar – Employ – demonstrates our commitment to tackling unemployment in Greece by not only employing but also generating job opportunities for people from the refugee community.
We are looking for passionate and committed volunteers to join us!
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Photo coverage of SKP activities
- Photos for SKP stock images (food, ingredients, utensils, space, etc.)
- Editing of the photos to be ready to use in presentations and social media
- Creative multimedia skills for SKP promotional and internal materials
- Minimum age: 18
- Basic knowledge of photography
- Experience making promotional video/reels/stories
- Knowledge of social media outlets
- Previous experience having a photography session
- Experience working with vulnerable communities
- Knowledge of spoken English
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in Greek and other context relevant languages (e.g. Arabic/French/Kurdish/Farsi) are an advantage
- Saffron Kitchen Project particularly welcomes applications from individuals with experience of migration and/or a refugee background.
- We also welcome applications from currently under represented groups such as ethnic minorities and LGBTQ+ candidates
WHAT WE OFFER
- Picture credit on our social media accounts
- Letter of Recommendation at the end of your volunteering time upon evaluation
- A dynamic and multicultural environment
- Free lunch
Simply apply through our website https://www.saffronkitchenproject.org/getinvolved or email applications (cover letter and resume) to email@example.com
Please insert as the subject of your email: “Application: Photography Volunteer SKP”.