04 Oct 2022
Comms and Social Media Volunteer
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A COMMUNICATION VOLUNTEER IN ATHENS, GREECE
ABOUT OUR PROJECT:
Saffron Kitchen Project (SKP) supports displaced persons by creating opportunity and fostering community through food. We are a registered non-profit organisation that creates high quality, nutritious meals for vulnerable communities in Athens. Inspired by multiple cultures and traditions, we aim to do three things simultaneously: Nourish, Train, Employ.
Our first pillar - Nourish – entails providing people with warm, nutritious and inventive meals in a dignified and sustainable way. We partner with several organisations that support vulnerable people throughout Athens, distributing delicious meals whilst avoiding food waste as much as possible.
The second pillar – Train – offers free culinary education and vocational training in partnership with IEK Delta. In an effort to prepare our students for work in the hospitality industry, the programme comprises culinary skills as well as soft skills training such as teamwork, leadership and time management. Upon completion students will receive a recognised EOPEP certificate which will aid them in entering the job market.
Finally, the third pillar – Employ – demonstrates our commitment to tackling unemployment in Greece by not only employing but also generating job opportunities for people from the refugee community.
We are looking for passionate and committed volunteers to join us!
- Improve and further develop our communications and social media strategies with the support and guidance from the Director
- Create unique and exciting content for Social Media (Facebook, Instagram), track results and improve our performance
- Assist with the development of the organization’s fundraising strategy;
- Help design fundraising campaigns
- Responding to enquiries received through social media channels or passing onto others where appropriate
- Keep our website content and design always updated with accurate information and our latest news and projects
- Offer support with photography and video content according to our Policy
- Offer support with fundraising campaigns and strategy Maintain our Social Media platforms
- Write, develop, edit and upload articles for our different platforms as well as any outreach/marketing materials
- Minimum age: 18
- Minimum time commitment: Part time 6 months
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Excellent verbal, written and cross-cultural communications skills
- Photography, web edits and video skills
- Knowledge of Social Media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Previous experience with Social Media and Communications (preferably in the humanitarian sector)
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work independently and in a team
- Good time management skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office package and Google Drive/Calendar
- Basic knowledge in Greek and other context relevant languages (e.g. Arabic/French/Kurdish/Farsi) are an advantage
- Experience working with vulnerable communities
- Experience handling social media in a non-for-profit context
Saffron Kitchen Project particularly welcomes applications from individuals with experience of migration and/or a refugee background.
We also welcome applications from currently under represented groups such as ethnic minorities and LGBTQ+ candidates
WHAT WE OFFER
- Letter of Recommendation at the end of your volunteering time upon evaluation
- Ongoing support and skills development throughout the volunteering experience
- A dynamic and multicultural environment
- Flexible working schedule and possibility of working remotely
- Free lunch
Simply apply through our website https://www.saffronkitchenproject.org/getinvolved or email applications (cover letter and resume) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please insert as the subject of your email: “Application: Comms Volunteer SKP”.