04 Oct 2022
WE ARE LOOKING FOR ADMIN VOLUNTEERS IN ATHENS, GREECE
ABOUT OUR PROJECT:
Saffron Kitchen Project (SKP) supports displaced persons by creating opportunity and fostering community through food. We are a registered non-profit organisation that creates high quality, nutritious meals for vulnerable communities in Athens. Inspired by multiple cultures and traditions, we aim to do three things simultaneously: Nourish, Train, Employ.
Our first pillar - Nourish – entails providing people with warm, nutritious and inventive meals in a dignified and sustainable way. We partner with several organisations that support vulnerable people throughout Athens, distributing delicious meals whilst avoiding food waste as much as possible.
The second pillar – Train – offers free culinary education and vocational training in partnership with IEK Delta. In an effort to prepare our students for work in the hospitality industry, the programme comprises culinary skills as well as soft skills training such as teamwork, leadership and time management. Upon completion students will receive a recognised EOPEP certificate which will aid them in entering the job market.
Finally, the third pillar – Employ – demonstrates our commitment to tackling unemployment in Greece by not only employing but also generating job opportunities for people from the refugee community.
We are looking for passionate and committed volunteers to join us!
ADMIN VOLUNTEER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform daily office tasks
- Help with ordering and managing supplies for the kitchen and pantry
- Collaborate with staff to create weekly meal plans
- Oversee social media accounts, including daily posts that feature updates, stories and photos
- Assist with fundraising, including online campaigns and grant writing
- Provide general administrative support
- Minimum age: 18
- Minimum time commitment: 4 weeks
- Basic computer skills, including Google docs and spreadsheets
- Organizational and time management skills
- Experience working with vulnerable communities, preferably in Greece
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Strong teamwork skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Fluency in Greek and other context relevant languages (e.g. Arabic/French/Kurdish/Farsi) are an advantage
Saffron Kitchen Project particularly welcomes applications from individuals with experience of migration and/or a refugee background.
We also welcome applications from currently under-represented groups such as ethnic minorities and LGBTQ+ candidates.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Letter of Recommendation at the end of your volunteering time upon evaluation
- Ongoing support and skills development throughout the volunteering experience
- A dynamic and multicultural environment
- Free lunch
Simply apply through our website https://www.saffronkitchenproject.org/getinvolved or email applications (cover letter and resume) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please insert as the subject of your email: “Application: Admin Volunteer SKP”.